Monday, October 17, 2011

I Ran... And nobody was even chasing me!


Do you teach your kids not to say, "sucks?" Yeah, me too. But I've been saying it a lot in my head lately. Here is why. I started running.




Last late winter/early spring I started spinning. Hated it and loved it and was doing great at it. I had a friend who went with me and we were great support for each other. Then we accidentally took the summer off and have been struggling to get back into spinning 2 times a week. I have been so horribly lazy lately and using every excuse to NOT get up at 5:30 when the stupid alarm goes off. Yep, I've been using "stupid", too. And not always just in my head.
My hubby and I have a wonderful partnership. We've been married for 13 1/2 years and have been very easy going with each other. That is about to change. And I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.
This past July my stud of a husband took a 2 week Arrest Control class from the FBI. They whipped him into shape. He had to be able to run 1.5 miles in 13.13 minutes just to get into the class. Then each day during the two-week class the students had to run, sometimes uphill carrying 9-pound medicine balls, do 30 minutes of push-ups, 30 minutes of sit-ups, etc. It was brutal. But he came home a new man. The last day of the class he celebrated a birthday. I won't tell you how old he is but the class was filled with 20 year olds and he was twice their age plus five on the last day. They had a race and he finished 2nd. SECOND! I am so proud of that man!
Last week I asked him for help. It was a dangerous thing to do, but I was, and am, desperate. So two nights ago he let me borrow his i-phone to track my walk/jog around the block. The deal that my new trainer made with me was that I could jog around once or walk/jog/however I wanted around the block three times. It was bad. I couldn't even jog TO the park, much less around it and the rest of the block. I started out feeling defeated. Halfway around the block, walking, I accidentally paused Pandora in the middle of a really good song that I was trying to turn up, and then when I figured out what I did, I ended up turning off the running tracking app. So, frustrated, and only completing 1 out of the required 3 blocks, I stumbled into the house and asked hubby if he would walk/jog with me the next two blocks. We talked while we walked. He gave me some running tips. I felt good when we came into the house.
Running Sucks, But I'm gonna do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment